- Tucked away in the ranch yard’s shady trees the Frontier Cabin is very private, but still close to other guest facilities in the ranch yard.
- Sleeps 4 guests ( 2 double bunk beds) and is fully self-contained with shower / toilet and kitchenette with fridge, single stove element, microwave oven, toaster, coffee maker, dishes, pots/pans, dish soap and dishtowels.
- Finished inside with pine siding, this perfectly petite (176 Sq. Feet) cute cabin makes for an inviting and cozy getaway.
- All bedding, towels, soap and shampoo supplied.
- BBQ (with gas element on side) on private deck.
- Private firepit. Firewood is available for a fee or you can bring your own.
- ‘Reesor Springs Natural Spring Water’ in every tap – gov’t tested.
- Air conditioning.
- FREE WIFI at Ranch Hall.
- Check-in 4 pm. Check-out 11 am.
- No air/pellet guns, balloons for water fights, fireworks, sunflower seeds or peanut with shells, please.
- $139 per night for first 2 guests.
- $20 for each additional guests (up to 2 more guests).
- 30% non-refundable deposit required to book. 2 night minimum booking – long weekends require 3 night minimum booking. Book for 6 nights & get the 7th night free. We accept cash, Debit, Visa &MCard
- Tax/fee will be added to all of our prices. Prices are subject to change.
- Breakfast and supper meals can be made available for your group in the ‘Ranch Hall Grill’.
- Horseback Riding Adventures
- Guided ATV Tours
- No Pet Policy
- Toboggan, snowshoe & hike on our land, and or downhill ski at Hidden Valley Ski Hill (40 min. drive).
- The “Kinnikinick Cliff Trail” is a 3 km self-guided hiking loop on our land.
- Download FREE Info and Trail Guide pdf
- Discover and enjoy our star-filled night skies – ‘Cypress Hills Dark Sky Preserve’.
Thank you for creating such a beautiful and cozy cabin get away! We really enjoyed reading your poetry and learning about the history of the ranch. I ended up with a bit of a cold, so we didn’t venture out much. However, we had a very relaxing and restful trip. I can’t wait to tell our friends and family about this lovely place. We will definitely be back! Thank you for your hospitality and we wish you a happy New Year! Melanie and Brian
My husband and I stayed at Reesor Ranch from June 28 to July 2nd and loved every bit of our visit. We stayed in the Frontier Tiny Cabin as my husband has always wanted to give tiny home living a try. I have to say that it was quite spacious for a tiny space. The bathroom had a good sized shower and a sink that was certainly large enough to bathe a baby in. The loft bed was comfy with high clearance above so we did not feel closed in at all! We pulled out the sofa and converted it to a bed right away. This provided another place to stretch out and relax. The kitchenette and deck with a BBQ and bonfire pit provided everything thing one would need to make their own meals. But to be honest, we chose to dine at the Ranch Hall Grill for breakfast and most suppers as the meals were huge and there was the opportunity to hear Scott’s poetry and stories of life on the home range, to enjoy Theresa’s hospitality, to chat with the wranglers and to plan our next adventure. Our cabin deck looked out onto the pasture that the horses walked though each evening and morning on their way to and from the stables to their evening grazing fields…this was a twice a day highlight! “Rusty the rooster” was always sure to wake us in the morning and his hen friends were sure to visit us each evening, which was adorable! Oh and we must not forget the ever tail wagging greetings from Dolly and Waylon and Dove our constant companion on hikes around the ranch land which boasts some of the most beautiful Saskatchewan landscape we have ever seen whether on horseback or walking the fields on foot…this is truly God’s Land. Last year I had taken my 75 year-old mother for our mother-daughter trip. We stay in the Main House for five nights and it was perfect for us. We enjoyed hanging out on the ranch, walking the trails, sitting on the front porch reading and sight seeing in the area. We visited Fort Walsh, Cypress Hills Provincial Park and Reesor Lake. Next year we are planning on returning with our kids and grandchildren!! Reesor Historic Ranch provides the perfect get away for folks of all ages!! The Faris family
I’ve heard about Historic Reesor Ranch for a few years (always good things), and finally made the trip there and wow, it exceeded my high expectations! I’ve never felt so immediately comfortable and “at home” in a vacation setting before. The scenery is incredible, fantastic hiking trails, well-mannered horses for trail riding, personable and knowledgeable guides, amazing food, and it goes on. We stayed in the Frontier Cabin, and no detail was overlooked, down to a cribbage board and an ice cube tray. All of the buildings on the ranch are beautifully maintained, with fine workmanship and thoughtful decoration. As for what to do – If you want privacy and quiet to just relax, read, take it easy – you’ve got it. If you want good old fashioned visiting around the campfire, local history, and cowboy poetry, it’s right there, all you need do is ask! The place is steeped in the living heritage and history of ranching in the Cypress Hills, so if you want a real and authentic experience of western traditions, this is the place for you. The Reesors are down to earth, hospitable, and respectful. During our stay in early June, the wildflowers were blooming, grass was emerald green, and the dark night sky full of stars. This is a working ranch, so during the day there is work going on – tractors running, etc. This only added to the authenticity for me, and after nightfall it was completely quiet. I haven’t had such a good sleep in a long while. The ranch feels safe and cozy, yet with plenty of open space to roam and do your own thing if you wish. We went for a lovely trail ride with Jason, but if horses aren’t your thing, ATV tours are available so you can still experience the breathtaking scenery. I couldn’t recommend Historic Reesor Ranch more! We didn’t have a single complaint about our stay, and only wished we’d stayed longer (two nights wasn’t enough!) Thank you Theresa, Scott, Jason, and Heather for making us feel so welcome and at home. We can’t wait until our next visit! ~ Kristin